[LINK] 'World's biggest Luddite' in Telstra plasma TV row

Bob Bain bobb@soxkat.com
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 17:59:56 +1100

On Thu, 13 Feb 2003 14:40:13 +1100, Antony Barry wrote:

>A few months ago I got an iMac with a DVD player. I though "Oh joy! I
>will be able to watch high quality stuff". But do you know what? High
>resolution boring is just as boring as low resolution.

 I've noticed the shops full of very wide screen expensive plasma
displays and superb stereo sound.  Sadly the content is lacking and
even though I have a "cheapie" wide screen TV when I watch a
mainstream movie I have a preference for olde black and white movies
which focus on plot, counterplot and character development rather than
special effects, car chases, unrealistic situations, idiotic character
portrayals and very bad acting......

 Sometimes I watch the news, but not very often as I don't like being
lectured on what to believe from snippets of highly edited
information.

 I summise that there are eternal truths a) there is conflict in the
middle east b) people are being murdered and raped c) the weather is
unpredictable and d) there will probably be war of some kind or
another.

 I contemplate that if this Iraq thing eventuates mainstream
America/Australia will huddle in front of their expensive plasma
$10,000 wide screen digitally enhanced receivers to watch "progress"
in superb high definitition...

 In the meantime I look towards the heavens and watch the cars go by.

Bob Bain
Sydney Australia
bobb@soxkat.com
www.bobboz.da.ru