[LINK] 'World's biggest Luddite' in Telstra plasma TV row

Bob Bain bobb@soxkat.com
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 18:42:10 +1100

On Thu, 13 Feb 2003 17:48:27 +1030, Brenda Aynsley wrote:

>>  In the meantime I look towards the heavens and watch the cars go by.

>does that mean there are heavenly cars bob?

 Oh.  I look to the heavens to discover if it's about to rain and/or
whether nuclear missiles are heading in my direction.

 If cars are being driven (street level) I take it that the world
outside is functioning and that oil is still available...If there are
no signs of vehicular movement then I figure it's possibly time to
turn on the TV for an update...

 For cynical views on potential TV coverage of the upcoming conflict
in Iraq it might be interesting reading "aus.tv.digital" or "aus.dvd"
(Internet Usenet - it still exists!) under the thread "Gulf War - In
Color this time??" and I quote from the latest posting in this thread

 (posted by worldwarthree2003@hotmail.com (World War Three 2003):-

 [ and my sincerest condolonces for those in Usenet who can't spell
"country" or "colour" correctly (sigh) ]

 =========== from aus.tv.digital ================

The previous Gulf War (1991) and 911 (2001) had a very positive effect
on Australian tv, as there are only 3 commercial television stations
to choose from in this cuntry....there were a plethora of superior
American news programs on and for once, dumb Aussie tv started to look
good with more American news and current affairs content....

This time round, the Seven network has just signed a Megabuck deal
with Richard Butler (former UN weapons inspector) to be their special
commentator for the coming Third World War (or GUlf WaR pART ii)

Should be better than CNN ;-)

Saint_Matthew_2003 <.> wrote in message
> Will Gulf War Part 2 _ Seppos Strike Back be in color??
> Last one seemed to be in green and white...not pleasant..

> Also, does anyone know when the directors cut of Gulf War One - " Lets
> look stupid like we did in Vietnam" comes out??
> I hear theres some great outtakes on this version...like Sadaam
> flashing browneyes at the CNN cameras ( Damn those green and white
> screens! ), baby Bush in texas jumping up and down with his thumb n
> his muth because Sadaam said something rude to his " daddy" .....

> Oh, lets not forget the commentary tracks!!
>
> The one with Sadaam and Shwartzkopf who are both obviously pissed was
> quite funny!" Mr Shwapkipf..err..swotzcok, ah fuck it....eat my
> warhead yankee scum"  wot a pisser!

Bob Bain
Sydney Australia
bobb@soxkat.com