[LINK] Censorship Issues..

Bob Bain bobb@soxkat.com
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 19:52:29 +1100

On Thu, 13 Feb 2003 11:04:57 +1100, I wrote:

> {In this regard I note a recent press article that the "mosaic" type
>of censorship used in Japan is now almost meaningless given that the
>Japanese now import material from overseas (sans "mosaic" censosrship)
>based on widely available Internet advertising]

 The article being referred to is from "Mainichi Daily News :-

 http://mdn.mainichi.co.jp/waiwai/0212/021224adult.html

 =========================

New technology sends Japanese
porn biz reeling ass over tit

By Ryann Connell
Staff writer

December 24, 2002

"Thanks to the Internet, the gap that used to exist between Japan and
overseas has gone and it's become meaningless to regulate pornography.
Users will start turning their attention toward works where there is
no mosaic censorship applied (to the genitals, as is the case in
Japan). If that happens, all the money to be made out of porno will
flow overseas and the domestic porn business is in for a real shock,"
adult entertainment industry writer TDC Fujiki tells Spa!"

Bob Bain
Sydney Australia
bobb@soxkat.com
www.bobboz.da.ru