[LINK] 'World's biggest Luddite' in Telstra plasma TV row

Adam Todd adam@todd.inoz.com
Fri, 14 Feb 2003 10:36:19 +1100

>>TELSTRA has showered key decision-makers in the federal Government with
>>gifts ranging from plasma televisions to weekends away at an exclusive
>>winery.
>
>Pity in the relative importance of things at the moment that the general
>public would care less about the corruption. I wonder if it would get any
>air in Parliament if Howard et al were accused of corruption?
>
>Is there an impeachment process in this 'representative' democracy of ours?

We don't have a democracy, we have a Party Lead
Dictatorship.  Sheesh.  Jan, I expected better from you!  When was the last
time you read the constitution!

How can you have a democracy that makes it compulsory to be REGISTERED to
vote.  (pause) In elections for people that you know can't and haven't the
interest in representing you at all?

How can you have a Democracy when to be able to run for an election you
need more money and more friends (or people with friends) than you can
count on the fingers and toes of enough people to fill Stadium Australia.

The system is designed to keep the Democratic OUT!  Not in!