[LINK] [OT] Peace Rally Sunday 16 Feb BRISBANE

Russell Ashdown russell@ashdown.net.au
Fri, 14 Feb 2003 17:59:14 +1000

First, I want to apologise in advance to anyone who takes offence to
my posting a notice of the Brisbane Peace Rally this Sunday.  I
know it is not de rigeur to post such notices, but after long
contemplation and counsel by other Linkers, I have decided to post
this essentially for the information of interested Linkers living in or
close to Brisbane.

While I am not known for my strong political views, I believe that this
issue is of such immense import to Australia, this war is so wrong
and the politicians so arrogant, that I have decided to "put my
money where my mouth is" and attend the peace rally in Brisbane
this weekend.  I urge all Linkers to examine their consciences and
attend their nearest rally.  I have attached an email that was
forwarded to me earlier in the week, it has details of the Brisbane
Peace Rally.

I will stand by for the expected flames, but will not reply to flames on
the list.  If any Linkers feel strongly enough to post abuse, please
send it directly to me and spare Link.

Russell Ashdown

Dear Just Peace Members and Supporters

A reminder:           Brisbane Peace Rally
           11am Sunday 16 February
           Roma St Forum
Followed by a march to the QUT Riverstage, where there will be
speakers
and entertainment beginning at 12:30pm:

Speakers include:
Grace Grace, Queensland Council of Unions
Senator Kerry Nettle, Australian Greens
Senator Andrew Bartlett, Australian Democrats
Senator Claire Moore, Australian Labor Party

The event is organised by the Queensland Peace Network with the
active
support and assistance of Just Peace.  This is one of many rallies
being
held around the world this weekend.  We hope it will be one of the
biggest rallies seen in Brisbane for many years.

We look forward to seeing you there.  Just Peace will have a stall,
and
you are welcome to help if you are able.

Regards
Adrian Pollock