[LINK] [OT] Peace Rally Sunday 16 Feb BRISBANE

Antony Barry tony@tony-barry.emu.id.au
Sat, 15 Feb 2003 18:36:11 +1100

On Friday, February 14, 2003, at 06:59 PM, Russell Ashdown wrote:

> First, I want to apologise in advance to anyone who takes offence to
> my posting a notice of the Brisbane Peace Rally this Sunday.

I went to the rally in Canberra today. My guess was 15,000 people. It
was certainly bigger than the crowd outside old Parliament House when
Whitlam was dismissed which was the last political rally I went to. It
was all ages and family groups. Judging by the applause there was a
strong sense of moral outrage. A great beast has awakened. The next
Rally is at the US embassy on 2 March or at Midday at Garema Place in
Canberra on the day the war starts and then a 5pm at the US Embassy.

Tony

phone : +61 2 6241 7659 | mailto:me@Tony-Barry.emu.id.au
mobile: +61 4 1242 0397 | http://tony-barry.emu.id.au