[LINK] {OT} Walk against War - sunday in sydney

Brenda Aynsley bpa@iss.net.au
Sun, 16 Feb 2003 17:03:37 +1030

Linda Rouse wrote:
> Numbers rumoured at 250,000+ - certainly the biggest rally I've seen in
> sydney since ant-vietnam marches some 30 years ago. Filled Hyde Park and
> all surrounding streets.
> Exciting to be there - all races, all ages ... but will it make a
> difference?.

same here in Adelaide, we had reached the destination and were there for 1.5
hours and still they came from the assembly point.  I dont have any idea how
many people were there but they were young and old, black and white and yellow,
just people like me who dont want this waste for the sake of revenge,
retribution, oil or satisfaction on the part of people who really should know
better.

It was my first ever demonstration and I've been on this earth a very long time,
it was just amazing.

Let's not let it rest here however .... write to the members of parliament and
make your views known.

cheers
brenda
ps the news has just come on, 50k in brisbane, 250k in sydney, adelaide they
didnt say ... but maybe 40k?
--
Brenda Aynsley   ||  Mobile:+61(0) 412 662 988
BA, DipSocSci(sociology), DipAppSci(computing), MACS, PCP