[LINK] Censorship, protest marches, OT & this list

Howard Lowndes lannet@lannet.com.au
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 07:27:15 +1100 (EST)

I have to say that IMO the subject of censorship is more on topic for this
list that the subject of protest marches.

I have tried to follow Bob's narrow focussed campaign, but to me, as it
appears to be to others, it is becoming a bore and is losing its edge.
So, there is a small amount of corruption out there with illicit
pornography being marketed with impunity, but in my view that is a far
smaller problem than, say, smoking in public (which I hate) and hard drugs
(which I despise), and our apparent slide into someone else's war.

OK, I am as much against Australia's involvement in a war against Iraq
especially without UN explicit approval as most subscriber to this list
appear to be, and I do support those who have taken the time to march in
protest, but that has absolutely nothing to do with what I perceive to be
the core basis of this list, so could we please maintain the correct
focus.

--
Howard.
LANNet Computing Associates - Your Linux people <http://www.lannetlinux.com>