[LINK] Censorship Issues..

Howard Lowndes lannet@lannet.com.au
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 09:48:26 +1100 (EST)

On Mon, 17 Feb 2003, Bob Bain wrote:

> Anne,
>
> >bob you probably know that MANY of the linkers are privacy advocates. i was
> >on privacy cttees in the uk in the '70s & on justice kirby's first
> >reference, one of 4 'australian' experts. i was chairman of acs nsw when the
> >australia card was mooted & led many events to get it stopped until we had
> >appropriate laws.
>
>  So ?   That's history.
>
> What are your views on voyeur related material openly on sale in New
> South Wales ?  Is the privacy of individuals being compromised ? How
> about voyeur related mailing lists or voyeur related web sites ?

OK, how much of this voyeur material is genuine breach of privacy and how
much is staged?  I don't know, and I doubt that you do, Bob, but I would
bet that most of it does fall into the second category.  Frankly it
doesn't turn me on in the least, it has a very limited market (and I
disagree with your definition of "openly"), and if it _is_ staged then its
existence does not bother me in the slightest.  I get more annoyed by the
deluge of spam email that invites me to watch acts with animals, teens
spreading, and penile enlargement, and the stupidity of every second Third
World African who appears to have discovered the Internet and large hidden
sums of cash.

--
Howard.
LANNet Computing Associates - Your Linux people <http://www.lannetlinux.com>