[LINK] Censorship Issues..

Bob Bain bobb@soxkat.com
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 10:35:13 +1100

On Mon, 17 Feb 2003 09:48:26 +1100 (EST), Howard Lowndes wrote:

>> What are your views on voyeur related material openly on sale in New
>> South Wales ?  Is the privacy of individuals being compromised ? How
>> about voyeur related mailing lists or voyeur related web sites ?

>OK, how much of this voyeur material is genuine breach of privacy and how
>much is staged?  I don't know, and I doubt that you do, Bob, but I would
>bet that most of it does fall into the second category.  Frankly it
>doesn't turn me on in the least, it has a very limited market (and I
>disagree with your definition of "openly"),

 I disagree that it has a limited market.  It is a widely indulged in
activity but rarely appears in the mainstream press and is rarely
discussed.  With regard to the Internet sites such as:-

 and associated postings in newsgroups appear to be 100% genuine.

 What is referred to as "down blouse" or "upskirt" or "x-ray"
photography (which reveals the naked form under the clothes) has only
recently been legislated against in California

while similar legislation is being considered in the United Kingdom,
However in much of the world and in most states of the American Union
such activity is legal.

"It's more common than people realize," says Conklin. "We knew we had
to do something, because this just wasn't right. It could happen to
anyone in your family. "

Bob Bain
Sydney Australia