[LINK] Censorship Issues..

Bob Bain bobb@soxkat.com
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 10:35:13 +1100

On Mon, 17 Feb 2003 09:48:26 +1100 (EST), Howard Lowndes wrote:

>> What are your views on voyeur related material openly on sale in New
>> South Wales ?  Is the privacy of individuals being compromised ? How
>> about voyeur related mailing lists or voyeur related web sites ?

>OK, how much of this voyeur material is genuine breach of privacy and how
>much is staged?  I don't know, and I doubt that you do, Bob, but I would
>bet that most of it does fall into the second category.  Frankly it
>doesn't turn me on in the least, it has a very limited market (and I
>disagree with your definition of "openly"),

 I disagree that it has a limited market.  It is a widely indulged in
activity but rarely appears in the mainstream press and is rarely
discussed.  With regard to the Internet sites such as:-

                  http://www.voymaster.com/

 and associated postings in newsgroups appear to be 100% genuine.

 What is referred to as "down blouse" or "upskirt" or "x-ray"
photography (which reveals the naked form under the clothes) has only
recently been legislated against in California

  http://republican.sen.ca.gov/opeds/33/oped997.asp

while similar legislation is being considered in the United Kingdom,
However in much of the world and in most states of the American Union
such activity is legal.

 ==========================

"It's more common than people realize," says Conklin. "We knew we had
to do something, because this just wasn't right. It could happen to
anyone in your family. "

Bob Bain
Sydney Australia
bobb@soxkat.com