[LINK] List scope and behavior was - Walk against War - sunday in sydney

Antony Barry tony@tony-barry.emu.id.au
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 14:07:26 +1100

On Monday, February 17, 2003, at 09:50 AM, Bernard Robertson-Dunn wrote:

> Traditionally, the only person who decides what is on/off topic on this
> list is Tony Barry. If Tony tells me to stop, I stop. No questions.

I don't tell but I sometimes advise.

While the core scope of the list still revolves around the internet and
communications over the years we have digressed onto matters of topical
concern. If the digression is prolonged and I sense that there is
little interest in that topic - or worse it is causing annoyance to
many on the list I might suggest we wind it up.

I might also try to bring some topical focus into the debate. My
comment that the scope and coordination in the demonstrations was
likely to have been done via the internet was an attempt to do this.

Link is a community. What we talk about is up to you, not to me.

One of the reasons that the list works so well is that we are a very
diverse group with a wide range of expertise and mostly there is a
great deal of respect for the views of others. While discussion might
be vigorous we mostly avoid flame wars. Recent discussion on
privacy/censorship is straining that.

Let's be a little calmer people.

Tony

phone : +61 2 6241 7659 | mailto:me@Tony-Barry.emu.id.au