[LINK] List scope and behavior was - Walk against War

Chris Maltby chris@sw.oz.au
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 16:21:30 +1100

On Mon, Feb 17, 2003 at 02:07:26PM +1100, Antony Barry wrote:
> I don't tell but I sometimes advise.
>
> While the core scope of the list still revolves around the internet and
> communications over the years we have digressed onto matters of topical
> concern. If the digression is prolonged and I sense that there is
> little interest in that topic - or worse it is causing annoyance to
> many on the list I might suggest we wind it up.
>
> I might also try to bring some topical focus into the debate. My
> comment that the scope and coordination in the demonstrations was
> likely to have been done via the internet was an attempt to do this.

To return to that topic - it would seem that Yahoo groups mailing list
system is a widely used mechanism by activist groups of various kinds.
I tried this search:

which turns up six matches with about 1000 email subscriptions.