[LINK] {OT} Walk against War - sunday in sydney

Bob Bain bobb@soxkat.com
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 19:28:10 +1100

On Mon, 17 Feb 2003 19:16:11 +1100, I wrote:

> The film "Enigma" is an interesting one, but it requires
>concentration.  It was co-produced by Mick Jagger and contains content
>that might be of interest to those with an interest in computers,
>cryptography and national security.

 Equally interesting are Mick Jagger's comments on attempted American
attempts to "purify" history (censor it) similar to a recent posting I
made about the "westernisation" of films from Hong Kong and seemingly
by the same company...

http://www.discoverkate.com/enigma/articles_20010807_no-us-victory.html

 ============= quote ====================

Mick Jagger canít get no satisfaction from American producers.

The mossy Rolling Stone recently produced a film, "Enigma," a true
World War II story about a spy ring. Jagger has been bitterly
complaining to colleagues that he couldnít get U.S. money for the
project because all the Hollywood film companies wanted him to
"Americanize" the movie. "He thinks itís a disgrace the way that
Hollywood is trying to co-opt British history," says a source. One
U.S. film company that Jagger is known to have approached is Miramax,
which has been accused of turning all Allied victories into American
ones.

 I thought only the Russians were allowed to tamper with history..

 Stalin and all that...

Bob Bain
Sydney Australia
bobb@soxkat.com