[LINK] Mumbai Jumbo

Ash Nallawalla nospam@crm911.com
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 09:46:50 +1100

> From: Howard Lowndes

> Russell, I suggest that you refer this to OFPC, but under
> their terms you will have to take it up with Amex first.

Why would the OFPC be interested?  I think that Amex is well within NPP
9 and the OECD Guidelines.

Amex will probably say that Russell agreed to the printed T&Cs which
include their privacy policy (the last one I have is 1 April 2002).  The
booklet sent to all customers says that data will be sent to the US and
to other service providers and that the agreement is governed by the
laws of NSW.  I don't understand Russell's problem with sending it to
India -- is there any history of carelessness with data there?

I have visited call/data centres in five countries in this region and
they loved to tell us how many Aussie customers they have.  They did not
always name them but company logos were usually hanging above the
cubicles.  Anyone concerned with the trans-border transfer of their
credit card data is advised to read the T&Cs applicable to them.

I have twice been downsized because my office functions went to India,
Singapore and the Philippines respectively, so I am not a fan of
globalisation but that's the world we live in.

- Ash

--

Ash Nallawalla, MACS
CRM and Lead Management Consulting