[LINK] {OT} Walk against War - sunday in sydney

Grant Bayley gbayley@ausmac.net
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 10:05:16 +1100 (EST)

On Tue, 18 Feb 2003, Jan Whitaker wrote:

> At 04:44 PM 17/02/03 +1100, Grant Bayley wrote:
> >Let me guess - it begins with 400,000 dictating what they think
> >the national position in relation to world affairs should be to
> >the other ~19,400,000?
> >
> >(ABS says that current population in Australia is ~19,829,000.
> >Australians of voting age ~13,800,000.)
> >
> >Where does it end, Damien?
>
> Is that figure more or less credible than the 4-5 conservative talk-back
> callers that Howard normally considers the 'main stream'?

I'm happy to go either way - the average of the figures I heard was about
400,000.  Take 500,000 if it suits your purposes - I do recall hearing
that figure quoted somewhere, perhaps by the organisers themselves.

Grant