[LINK] {OT} Walk against War - sunday in sydney

Antony Barry tony@tony-barry.emu.id.au
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 14:25:09 +1100

On Monday, February 17, 2003, at 07:28 PM, Bob Bain wrote:

>  I thought only the Russians were allowed to tamper with history..
>
>  Stalin and all that...

The British invented the jet plane right? No it was actually the
Germans.

Arthur C Clarke invented the idea of the communications satellite
right? No it was actually a Russian.

Pythagoras invented the theorem for which he was named right? Actually
the Chinese and Indians did it first.

Edison gets credit for many things invented by Nicoli Tesla.

Columbus discovered America right? Nope Eric the Red if you don't count
the people who came over the Bering land bridge at the end of the last
glacial and who were already there. I'll also discount the recent book
saying it was the Chinese. The book also had Chinese settlements in
Victoria sending expeditions by land to Cooktown.

When the dust settles history is written by those who are still there
and control the high ground of communications.

But is the internet a tool to bypass those who control the
communication choke points like the British used to control the naval
ones?

Tony

phone : +61 2 6241 7659 | mailto:me@Tony-Barry.emu.id.au
mobile: +61 4 1242 0397 | http://tony-barry.emu.id.au