[LINK] {OT} Walk against War - sunday in sydney

Chirgwin, Richard Richard.Chirgwin@informa.com.au
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 07:46:37 +1000

> ...or did the Chinese pre-date the Egyptians...or was it the alians :)
<silly>
No, tha alians was tha rats who stol tha fifth latta of tha alphabat.
</silly>

Thank heavens the USPTO wasn't in charge of things back then...
"A Method for Accurate Field Surveys Using Three Ropes and Three Pegs".

Or children in schoolclasses reciting "the square on the hypotenuese is
equal to the sum of the squares on the other two sides, here's ten cents for
the royalty".

The Greeks *did* discover steam power. They ignored it almost completely,
except as something that could make toys move...(my reference for this is
Robert Graves, The Greek Myths).

RC