[LINK] Apparently useless Mac Software

Dr. Bob Jansen Bob.Jansen@turtlelane.com.au
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 09:37:14 +1100

We have been developing with Realbasic for some years now. It is a
good product and is steadily growing in capabilities. There is an
active community of developers adding new classes to the product,
most available free.

As for comparisons with Visual Basic, I think VB is more of an
Applescript thingy, able to drive almost any Microsoft application,
whereas RealBasic really is an IDE for developing Basic programs.

RB compiles for Mac OS (pre-X), Mac OS X, Windows 95 - XP. I haven't
tried the Java thingy yet.

The usual cross platform issues apply, you must understand the
difference between a Mac GUI and a Windows GUI to get the thing to
work right in either environment.

We're very happy with it (Tony's family connection not withstanding :-) )

bobj

Dr. Bob Jansen
Managing Director,
Turtle Lane Studios Pty Ltd,
Physical: 1 Turtle Lane, Erskineville, NSW 2043, AUSTRALIA
Postal: PO Box 26, Erskineville, NSW 2043, AUSTRALIA
Phone & Fax: +61-2-95 19 99 85
Mobile: 0414 297 448
Email: Bob.Jansen@turtlelane.com.au
WWW: http://www.turtlelane.com.au/

Go to http://www.turtlelane.com.au to see how we can help you with
* Events On Line - web sites utilising streaming video and audio
                                synchronised with images and text
* Information Architecture - planning and designing your information system
* Electronic Publishing - publish your digital content to its full
effectiveness
                                            and not just electronic paper
* HACKER ALERT - a system for protecting your web site against
hackers and site defacement
* SWOTRecorder - a program to assist you in recording the results of
your SWOT analyses