[LINK] RFI: Help re SPAM Privacy Laws

Stilgherrian contour@prussia.net
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 09:52:27 +1100

At 15:11 +1100 18/2/03, Craig Sanders wrote:
>  > > If it was along the lines of "Hi, I saw your advert and noticed that
>>  > you use Software Package X for Windows. I happen to supply that, so
>  > > if you ever need more copies please get in touch. Orv if you like, I
>  > > can email you our catalog?" then I'd consider that a reasonable
>  > > approach. Here's a business which has noticed what I do and has
>>  > communicated with me individually.
>>
>>  Gosh and might even become a customer!  NETWORKING people!
>
>and no need to give a damn about the thousands of people you've pissed
>off, right?  after all, you've NETWORKED!  and maybe even found a
>customer!  that excuses everything.

Um, you've missed the point. Adam Todd was saying that the original
person communicating with him (the original vendor) may end up
becoming *his* customer, because they've started a conversation about
business.

Stil

--
Stilgherrian <contour@prussia.net>
Internet, IT and Media Consulting, Sydney, Australia. ABN 25 231 641 421