[LINK] {OT} Walk against War - sunday in sydney

James Pearce james.pearce@zdnet.com.au
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 10:53:30 +1100

> > I am somewhere between "OK if the UN says it is" and "no war."
>
> According to the opinion polls, a helluva lot of Australian's think
removing
> the security threat posed by Iraq is OK if the UN supports it, but not OK
if
> the UN doesn't.
>

> Interesting point of view.  Dunno how it works, myself.  "Being proactive
> get rid of a dictator who has used weapons of mass destruction on his own
> citizens is the right thing to do if the UN says so, but the wrong thing
> do if they don't".  Eh??
>

> Well, personally, I don't give a stuff what the UN says.
> And I don't give a stuff what George Bush says.
> And I don't give a stuff what John Howard says.
>

> If its the right thing to do, its the right thing to do, regardless of
what
> those three say.  And if its the wrong thing to do, its the wrong thing to
> do, regardless of what those three say.

That's true, but most people realise they don't have all the information
regarding the situation, and there are a lot of things that need to be
factored in. What the average person is saying is they trust the UN to make
a good decision based on all the facts, but don't trust Bush to make the
right decision based on all the facts.

James