[LINK] Porkie in Copyright Evidence?

Jan Whitaker jwhit@melbpc.org.au
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 08:28:40 +1100

At 12:44 PM 19/02/03 +1000, Chirgwin, Richard wrote:
>f piracy had found public institutions such as universities and libraries
> >were the biggest repositories of unlawful sound recordings.

Not to mention the use of the word "repositories" !  Conduits,
maybe.  Repositories, I doubt it, at least in the libraries.  What library
would have server space to hold much of anything that wasn't library and
patron related?  Unis may be different because of the server space provided
for some students for their coursework.  But given the file sizes that are
for what might be pirated, and the desire of the user to listen when not on
campus, I doubt that it is all that many storing pirated stuff on campus
facilities.  I would think those would be relatively easy for sysadmins to
find.

Jan

JLWhitaker Associates
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia