[LINK] Terrorist Warnings {OT}

Jan Whitaker jwhit@melbpc.org.au
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 08:31:44 +1100

At 06:22 PM 19/02/03 +0800, Jim Birch wrote:

>Stage one: Regular Terror Alerts: After intense lobbying by hardware
>stores and other establishments selling sundry supplies, the Feds will
>issue terror alerts whenever the economy needs a "shot in the arm".
>Typical announcement: "A recent uptick in 'chatter' leads us to believe
>that a terrorist attack could occur anywhere in the United States, except
>in participating Wal*Mart, Sam's Club, and Home Depot locations."

I guess the arms sales are dropping and it's the domestic economy that
they're after now.  Not sure how much seed corn you can use up in that way,
though, given the crash in the markets and how much money people have lost
[think superannuation and low interest rates returns for the senior citz too].

Jan

JLWhitaker Associates
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit@melbpc.org.au  --  http://member.melbpc.org.au/~jwhit/whitentr.htm