[LINK] {OT} Walk against War - sunday in sydney -

Howard Lowndes lannet@lannet.com.au
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 11:10:52 +1100 (EST)

On Thu, 20 Feb 2003, Bernard Robertson-Dunn wrote:

> The questions that I am looking for answers to are:
>
> Why is it so important to get Hussein just now?
>
> Why do Bush/Blair/Howard vacilate between disarming Hussain and removing
> Hussein as their objectives? These are two very different things. Removing
> Hussein is not something that the inspectors can do.
>
> Why are Howard and Blair so very keen to support Bush? A possible reason
> could be that Bush has some sort of hold over them. Another reason could be
> that both Blair and Howard are picking winners anbd hope that when the
> smoke clears, they will be able to say they were on the winning side.

...add to that:

Why isn't more attention being paid to N Korea?  At this stage it only
appears that Blair has ideas about NK being the next in line.  To my mind
NK is far more unstable, and far more dangerous, than Iraq, esp. to our
own region.

--
Howard.
LANNet Computing Associates - Your Linux people <http://www.lannetlinux.com>