[LINK] {OT} Walk against War - sunday in sydney -

hartr@interweft.com.au hartr@interweft.com.au
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 12:11:46 +1000 (EST)

On 20 Feb, Bernard Robertson-Dunn wrote:

> The questions that I am looking for answers to are:
>
> Why is it so important to get Hussein just now?
>
> Why do Bush/Blair/Howard vacilate between disarming Hussain and removing
> Hussein as their objectives? These are two very different things. Removing
> Hussein is not something that the inspectors can do.

I have recently read some speculation that the issue of oil (much touted
by some) is not the covert reason for the proposed war.

Rather, it is that the Euro and not the US dollar is being used to trade
in oil, specifically by Iraq. If this is not stopped, the hegemony of
the US dollar will be destroyed, with the resulting loss of dominance of
the US.

I am not an economist and do not understand this theory...so cannot make
any judgement of its possible validity.

Linkers???

--
Robert Hart					 hartr@interweft.com.au
Strategic IT & open source consulting                +61 (0)438 385 533