[LINK] Three mystery ships are tracked over suspected 'weapons' cargo

Ash Nallawalla nospam@crm911.com
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 19:39:19 +1100

> From: Howard Lowndes

> > Three mystery ships are tracked over suspected 'weapons' cargo By
> > Michael Harrison 19 February 2003
> > The Independent
> > http://news.independent.co.uk/world/politics/story.jsp?story=379623
> >
> > Three giant cargo ships are being tracked by US and British
> > intelligence on suspicion that they might be carrying Iraqi
> > weapons of mass destruction.

> OK, so why weren't they challenged whilst they were still in
> the Gulf? <conspiracy theory>

How is the Independent privy to this story, given that the ABC (AU), BBC
and CNN sites make no mention of it?  Until I see Christiane Amanpour
interviewing the captain of one of these ships, I won't believe it.  One
of the Aussie TV channels covered it today but there was no additional
information. - Ch 9 or 10.  Nothing in The Register.  Let me check
Slashdot - Nope. :-)

- Ash