[LINK] Three mystery ships are tracked over suspected 'weapons' cargo

Carl Makin carl@xena.IPAustralia.gov.au
21 Feb 2003 10:22:21 +1100

On Thu, 2003-02-20 at 19:18, Howard Lowndes wrote:

> amazing how effective and silent a tactical nuke can be.  I have always

As far as I can see there is, in reality, no such thing as a "tactical
nuke".  "Tactical" implies battlefield control by middle ranking
commanders and politically, that is not acceptable in any country.  I
don't believe even the US gives it's field commanders that sort of
control.

Nuclear weapons carry far more power politically than they do on the
battlefield.

Carl.