the rich and corporate parasites Re: [LINK] Why so many of us think we're overtaxed

Deus Ex Machina
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 15:24:32 +1100

there is recuring theme when tax is mentioned, perticularly
that corporates are parasites and that there is something evil
about being rich (a post I wont quote from) and that the rich and corporates should not receive tax cuts.

however the facts bear out a different story:

what people should realise is that there will always be inequality and the larger the economy
the larger the inequality will be. the notion of trying to improve everyones lot without creating
inequality is a myth and has historically proved to be unworkable.

there is incredible outrage when australian CEO earn over a million dollars a year yet look
at US CEO renumeration

US dollar figures: (sorry about the URL)

vs our paltry aussie counterparts:

now calculate the disparity between top 10 US and aussie CEOs and then compare GDP.

the distribution of wealth always follows a constant pattern first noticed by pareto,
now called the 80/20 rule.

my points are simple, cuting taxes will stimulate the economy which will create more wealth which
will in turn create a wider distribution of wealth curve and the apparent contradiction
that for the many to benefit a few always will benefit far more.