[LINK] Link belongs to Bezos

Adam Todd adam@todd.inoz.com
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 09:37:11 +1100

At 07:07 27/02/03 +1000, Chirgwin, Richard wrote:
>Bad news, all. Jeff Bezos has patented "a method and system for conducting
>an electronic discussion".
><http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PALL&p=
>1&u=/netahtml/srchnum.htm&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1=6,525,747.WKU.&OS=PN/6,525,747&RS=
>PN/6,525,747>
>
>Sanity is out to lunch.

A method and system for conducting an electronic discussion relating to a
topic. The discussion system of the present invention receives a selection
of an item that is to be the topic of the discussion. The discussion system
then receives comments relating to the selected item and generates a
message that includes a description of the selected item and the received
comments. The discussion system then sends the generated message to
participants of the discussion. The discussion system receives from a
participant who received the generated message additional comments that are
to be added to the generated message. The discussion system sends the
generated message along with received additional comments to the
participants of the discussion.

I got confused after the third line.

I think the patent office read this and the summary and got totally
confused and couldn't relate it to message boards and such.  <sigh>