[LINK] Missile Defence

Ash Nallawalla nospam@crm911.com
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 20:28:57 +1100

> From: Bernard Robertson-Dunn

> For countries that might possibly be a threat, what range are
> their missiles?

Does it have to be a missile?

What's to stop Air Koryo
(http://www.angelfire.com/pokemon2/aerokimchi/koryo_e.html) from
extending the range or doing a kamikaze at one of its usual destinations
or en route?  I saw an Air Koryo executive jet (probably 12-20 seats
max) at Frankfurt last July, so it does fly to unadvertised
destinations.

I couldn't find any speculation on the use of pax aircraft for this
purpose via Google.

> Can we protect against mobile missiles - eg ship borne
> missiles that might come at us from any direction?

It seems that all unidentified ships are monitored by satellites and
British newspapers, so suspicious trawlers in the Southern Ocean
wouldn't be able to get too close.

 :-)

- Ash