[LINK] Australian Government to ban spam

Tim Lister tal at pacific.net.au
Wed Jul 23 22:33:37 EST 2003

At 09:53 PM 7/23/03 +1000, James Morris boldly declared:

>On Wed, 23 Jul 2003, Howard Lowndes wrote:
>
> > In all of this media release DCITA do not say that they can only legislate
> > for spam generated in AU, that they can do nothing about spam from off
> > shore.  But, hey, lets give the impression that the gummint will fix the
> > problem.  I wonder if folks will actually notice any reduction in their
> > spam levels :(
>
>Anything that makes it even a little bit more difficult for the spammers
>(i.e. one less country to operate from) can't be bad.

could work if the gummint charged them $0.01 (1 cent) for each spam message
they forwarded that reached a gummint honeypot site, sort of like counting
the number of flies stuck to the flypaper.

Alston could add the title of  "Fly Wrangler" - oops, i mean "Spam Spider",
to his CV.  Best if he keeps his CV up to date from now on, wouldn't you say?

regards,
         Tim Lister

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds,
adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines."
         - Ralph Waldo Emerson