[LINK] Government open source guide coming next month

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Fri Apr 1 22:18:20 EST 2005

Howard Lowndes wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-04-01 at 14:24 +1000, Robert Hart wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 2005-04-01 at 09:27 +1000, Bernard Robertson-Dunn wrote:
>>
>>>Government open source guide coming next month
>>>Computerworld Staff
>>>31/03/2005 14:57:35
>>>http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php/id;1912876672;fp;16;fpid;0
>>>
>>>Other speakers include Senator Stephen Conroy, Shadow Minister for ICT;
>>>Mark Shuttleworth, founder of Ubuntu Linux; and Greg Stone, national
>>>technology officer for Microsoft Australia.
>>
>>Microsoft - speaking at an open source guide launch?
>
> As I commented in an earlier post, someone (who needs stringing up) has
> given them the opportunity to push their Shared Source barrow.

The person who made said decision is a good friend of mine (cc'ed).

You're so wrong on so many levels I don't know where to start. Surely
informed debate has two sides? Surely if we censor Microsoft we sink to
their level? Surely we consider the attendees to be adults who can make
their own decisions?

I'm quite disappointed. You've demonstrated why zealots need to be
contained for open source to succeed.

Mikal

--

Michael Still (mikal at stillhq.com) | "The geek shall inherit
http://www.stillhq.com            |  the earth"

Linux.conf.au 2005 -- Quite like an excellent Linux and Open Source
conference. http://lca2005.linux.org.au