Mac OS Back-Compatibility [Was Re: [LINK] Microsoft]

Eleanor Lister eleanor at pacific.net.au
Sun Aug 6 14:55:21 AEST 2006

Roger Clarke wrote:
> At 13:29 +1000 6/8/06, Howard Lowndes wrote:
>> I wonder how Apple went when they switched from OS9 to OSX.  Can any
>> of the Apple aficionados shed some light on the backward compat of
>> these two.
> ... snip ...

> No, I'm not a happy Appler any more (and I'm a user since the second
> shipment of Macs to Australia in April 1984, and prior to that an
> occasional Apple II, IIe and Lisa user).

curiously, i used Apple ][ and then all the Macs up to the SE, came back
15+ years later with an iBook G4 running OS-X and has X11 support as
well ... it's quite nice, IMHO, and i use OpenOffice 2.0 on it, never
crashes, i don't even know what a crash would look like.

i think you are unhappy with M$ software behaviour ... well, i don't
(and won't) have any of that M$ rubbish, so i see a pattern developing
here, and it's nothing to do with Apple, really.

dump your M$ apps and regain your peace of mind, you don't need them,
really truly.

xxx ooo,
    EL

Eleanor Ashley Lister