[LINK] Surveillance in extremis

Marghanita da Cruz marghanita at ramin.com.au
Tue Aug 29 13:35:38 AEST 2006

Richard Chirgwin wrote:
<snip>
> The second issue, I think from Marghanita, is that you have to provide
> value in return. This is a standard IT industry pitch - and I'm going to
> resist it very strongly. The idea is that "if you give people a trinket
> they will sell their rights", and I'm utterly sick to death of hearing
> it trotted out. "Stuff the trinkets," says RC, "just leave me alone."

...I take exeption at being lumped into the IT industries view of cost
benefit analysis...but obviously my PR is crap...if after 4years input
to the drafting of AS8015 Corporate Governance of ICT..this is your
perspective of me.

The RFID in the bins in Ryde is typical of the crap level of corporate
governance of ICT....if they had bothered to read the standard - it
would have helped them.

Marghanita
<snip>
--