[LINK] Passport hacker warns of identity risk

Geoffrey Ramadan gramadan at umd.com.au
Wed Dec 13 23:04:18 AEDT 2006

How remarkable... you have to obtain the basic printed information on
you e-Passport FIRST "by other means" which then enables you to read the
contents of the e-Passport!

Which is not the same as being able to read any passport.

The ability to identify a passport type, without the Basic Access Code,
if true, would be a concern. Again as previously advised, enclose the
passport in a metal jacket or simply wrap it in tin-foil. Problem solved.

Reg
Geoffrey Ramadan B.E.(Elec)
Chairman, Automatic Data Capture Association (www.adca.com.au)
and