[LINK] System Approach to Management of Government Information, Canberra, 2007

Tom Worthington Tom.Worthington at tomw.net.au
Fri Dec 15 09:19:34 AEDT 2006

At 04:52 PM 12/6/2006, Gordon Keith wrote (was: "Re: [LINK] The heat
is on: the future of energy in Australia"):
>http://www.csiro.au/csiro/content/file/pfnd.html The heat is on: the
>future of energy in Australia
>
>After two years in the making the Energy Futures Forum is pleased to
>announce  he release of this 120-page final report. ...

This is another case in which an organisation went to a lot of
trouble to research something but then negated the effort with a
poorly formatted electronic document. A few simple changes would make
the information much more accessible (and environmentally friendly).

Having grumbled about this for several years I decided it is time to
do something about it. In the first half of 2007 the ANU will be
offering a program of short courses on a "System Approach to
Management of Government Information". The program was designed in
consultation with the National Archives of
Australia:
<http://engnet.anu.edu.au/DEpeople/Zbigniew.Stachurski/recordkeeping.pdf>.

This includes my own modules on:

* Information Architecture for E-Documents, and
* Electronic Document Management

These are intended for middle to upper level executives in public
service agencies and companies. They are a less technical version of
my lectures for IT students on e-document management
<http://www.tomw.net.au/technology/it/ecommerce/> and web design
<http://www.tomw.net.au/2006/wd/>.

The presentation format is based on the one I used for the
International Council of Museums/UNESCO  workshop on IT in 2005
<http://www.tomw.net.au/2005/emuseums/report.shtml>.

ps: Of course some may argue the electronic brochure for the program
exhibits the faults I am claiming the course will fix. Perhaps that
will be an exercise for the class.  ;-)

Tom Worthington FACS HLM tom.worthington at tomw.net.au Ph: 0419 496150
Director, Tomw Communications Pty Ltd           ABN: 17 088 714 309
http://www.tomw.net.au              PO Box 13, Belconnen ACT 2617