[LINK] Emergency Management Seminar, Canberra, 14 July 2006

Tom Worthington Tom.Worthington at tomw.net.au
Thu Jul 13 09:10:07 AEST 2006

Dr. Andreas Meissner from Fraunhofer Institute, Germany, will be
presenting a seminar on Emergency Management and Security Research,
here at the Australian National University in Canberra on Friday:
<http://cecs.anu.edu.au/seminars/showone.pl?SID=224>

---
NICTA ASSET SEMINAR

Emergency Management and Security Research
Dr. Andreas Meissner (Fraunhofer Institute, Germany)

DATE: 2006-07-14
TIME: 12:30:00 - 13:30:00
LOCATION: RSISE Seminar Room, ground floor, building 115, cnr. North
and Daley Roads, ANU

ABSTRACT:
The presentation will address work in security research carried out
both at Fraunhofer Gesellschaft in Germany and at NICTA's Queensland
Research Lab. Fraunhofer's ICT group is a major player in this field
in Europe. Following an introduction to the group's mission and
structure, the MIKoBOS demonstrator will be discussed, allowing
emergency services to expand their HQ dispatch system to the
emergency site. An ongoing survey project at NICTA's Queensland Lab
looks into emergency management practice and contributions from the
academic community, covering Australia on a state-by-state basis as
well as New Zealand. The second half of the talk will give a glimpse
at this work-in-progress.

BIO:
I joined the Integrated Publication and Information Systems Institute
in 1997 after completing my Master's in Business Administration and
Computer Science at the University of Mannheim. Since then, I've
worked on a number of national and international research projects in
the field of Mobile Networking. In particular, I was responsible for
IPSI's contributions to COSMOS and GCAP. I've also taught at
Technical University of Darmstadt -- for recent activities see my
group's teaching site. Since 2002, I am the head of IPSI's Mobile
Distributed Information Systems division. In 2004/2005, I worked, in
addition to my IPSI affiliation, as a guest researcher at TU
Braunschweig's IBR Institute in the group of Prof. Dr. Lars Wolf.

My current research interests are Mobile Networking, Telematics, and
'e-Emergency', i.e. IT support for Emergency Services and Disaster Response.
---

Tom Worthington FACS HLM tom.worthington at tomw.net.au Ph: 0419 496150
Director, Tomw Communications Pty Ltd            ABN: 17 088 714 309
PO Box 13, Belconnen ACT 2617                http://www.tomw.net.au/
Director, ACS Communications Tech Board   http://www.acs.org.au/ctb/
Visiting Fellow, ANU      Blog: http://www.tomw.net.au/blog/atom.xml