[LINK] (Bizarre?) Kazaa Settlement

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Sat Jul 29 19:00:22 AEST 2006

At 05:33 PM 29/07/2006, Roger Clarke wrote:
>Kazaa has been earning revenue primarily from advertising, and Mr Kennedy
>said the recording industry would not object if it persisted with an
>advertiser-supported model, rather than charging users, as long as it pays
>royalties.

I also heard a story on ABC yesterday about this (the World at Noon I
think) saying that the technology has moved on and these Napster-like
systems are passe. Now it's x-torrents and their ilk. As someone who haunts
a Whirlpool forum for my broadband provider where the performance of these
bandwidth hogs has been near zilch for the past couple weeks, the
expectations of broadband users to get freebie movies and video is part of
the scene now. And boy to they squeal when the tap is pulled back. One fool
was dumb enough to admit he was downloading new release movies and TV.

I don't remember if it was link where I read this, but Youtube.com is one
of the fastest growing online services at the moment.

Jan

Jan Whitaker
JLWhitaker Associates, Melbourne Victoria
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
business: http://www.janwhitaker.com
personal: http://www.janwhitaker.com/personal/
commentary: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/

'Seed planting is often the most important step. Without the seed, there is
no plant.' - JW, April 2005