[LINK] DCITA ICT advisory committee

Brenda Aynsley bpa at iss.net.au
Mon Sep 4 11:30:53 AEST 2006

Hi all

I see in brendan's OSWALD this week, he mentions the appointment of the
MD of Microsoft as chair of this advisory committee and says he's
disturbed by this event.

Can I point out to folks that the media release makes much of steve
vamos being the MD of Microsoft Australia and NOTHING of his membership
of the Business Council of Australia.

If you look at "New Concepts in Innovation: The Keys to a Growing
Australia" http://snipurl.com/vvs0 (the url to the pdf is ridiculously
long) on the BCA site, it seems at a skim (of 88 pages) to be offering
something worth a more serious look and I expect that it was because of
a paper like this that the BCA was invited to participate and perhaps
even chair that committee.

Sure there's a risk that the deliberations will be skewed in favour of
the familiar in the office (microsoft) but I hope that this committee is
operating at a far higher level than the office desktop/server environment.

cheers
brenda

--
Brenda Aynsley, FACS
Chairman ACS SA http://www.acs.org.au/

The ACS Computer Professional Educational Program impacts
on the Practising Computer Professional scheme. Visit
http://www.acs.org.au/cpprogram/cpp.htm to see how.

Mobile:+61(0) 412 662 988 || Skype: callto://baynsley
Phone:08 8357 8844  Fax:08 8272 7486 Nodephone:08 7127 0107
Oz Business Partners http://www.ozbusinesspartners.com/