[LINK] web site choices.

Bernard Robertson-Dunn brd at iimetro.com.au
Tue Sep 5 18:57:49 AEST 2006

I'm contemplating setting up my own web site and contributing to
1) the noise on the internet; or
2) the sum of the world's knowledge in the architectures
    of dynaminc systems

pick one.

Rather than start from complete scratch, I had a look at the sites of
some of our colleagues:

Jan Whitaker	http://www.janwhitaker.com/personal/
Roger Clarke	http://www.xamax.com.au/
Tom Worthington	http://www.tomw.net.au/
Danny Yeee	http://danny.oz.au/blog/index.html
Tony Bary	http://tony-barry.emu.id.au/

Two things struck me:

1. the variation in addresses: .com, .com.au, .net.au, .oz.au and emu.id.au

2. the variation in licences

Roger has a page on copyright
http://www.anu.edu.au/people/Roger.Clarke/CNotice.html and uses
AESharenet <http://www.aesharenet.com.au/FfE/> which makes sense as he
seems to be th3 chair of the organisation.

Tom's content is licensed under a Creative Commons
Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 Australia License

Danny's book reviews have a straight copyright statement
http://dannyreviews.com/copyright.html

I can't find any copyright or licence statements on Tony's or Jan's sites.

Questions to the list:

What sort of address should I go for?
What sort of licence should I assert?
What else do I need to consider?