[LINK] the weather makers

Stewart Fist stewart_fist at optusnet.com.au
Tue Apr 10 10:37:05 AEST 2007

Alan wrote

> Noticed two items in this morning's SMH. One a "calculation" that coal
> reserves will be depleted within 20 years. This surprised me since I
> thought that we were talking much longer horizons.

this has to be the bullshit claim of all bullshit claims

The whole of the Sydney sandstone basin, extending north as far as the
open-cut mines in Queensland, are underlaid by a few metres of coal of
varying qualities.

Anyone claiming 20 years must be measuring the currently-available open-cut
coal within the bounds of existing leases.

--
Stewart Fist, writer, journalist, film-maker
70 Middle Harbour Road, LINDFIELD, 2070, NSW, Australia