[LINK] News: 'New mobile phones will double as credit cards'

Adam Todd link at todd.inoz.com
Sat Apr 28 19:25:06 AEST 2007

>But to the point: I read somewhere today that AT&T (I think) in
>America are now embarking on a program to reduce phone handset
>consumption by offering rewards and bonuses if people did NOT
>automatically upgrade their phone. Their aim is to reduce the level
>of 'gadgetitis' and ultimately, landfill and waste. It's part of an
>overall 'green initiative' to reduce consumption and waste, which
>goes far beyond the normal 'let's recycle our packaging' mantra.

If anyone wants to depart with an old mobile phone or pretty much any
kind, working or not, even damaged, please let me know.  I'm happy to
take them.

We use so many phones as props and often wish to smash them up and
break them, amoungst other things.

So feel free to offer me pretty much any old phone you have.