[LINK] News: 'New mobile phones will double as credit cards'

Kim Holburn kim at holburn.net
Sat Apr 28 19:55:47 AEST 2007

Part of the problem is the way phone companies sell phones.  If they
sold phones outright or made a clear differentiation between paying
off a phone and having an account and weren't constantly trying to
obfuscate the cost of phones and calls and accounts then there
wouldn't be such pressure to constantly upgrade.