[LINK] Looking for a bold Australian local community ...

Steven Clift slc at publicus.net
Fri Aug 10 09:19:37 AEST 2007

... interested in joining E-Democracy.Org's global network of _local_ Issues
Forums.

This is a citizen-led volunteer-based sustainable model, but government or
other funding can make it happen more quickly.

For those I've met on past speaking trips, you may recall the "squirrel
story." We now have a forum for Canterbury including Christchurch in New
Zealand and our UK network continues to grow. We've also just received a
grant to expand into three rural communities in Minnesota. Why not an Issues
Forum for a remote region of Australia or a neighbourhood in Sydney?

Issues Forum details, including a short video:

   http://e-democracy.org/if

We've just released a strategic plan that should give you a sense of where
we are going:

   http://blog.e-democracy.org/posts/101

In a few years I'd like to see dozens of vibrant Issues Forums (which
combine an e-list, web forum, a multi-editor blog, and file sharing in one
unified online space with an integrated standards-based GPL open source
platform) across Australia showing the rest of the world how to do it right.

Interested in learning more?  E-mail us:

   team at e-democracy.org

Cheers,
Steven Clift
E-Democracy.Org