[LINK] auDA Public Board Meeting - Monday Aug 13 - Sydney

Glen Turner gdt at gdt.id.au
Tue Aug 21 13:45:01 AEST 2007

On Mon, 2007-08-20 at 16:53 +0000, Kim Davies wrote:

> | The most notorious being the expiration of mq.edu.au -- two day outage.
>
> The .edu.au domain is managed by the education sector, rather than
> auDA, as far as I am aware. auDA's website says it is managed by AICTEC
> (http://www.aictec.edu.au/). I imagine they are responsible for the
> policies with respect to notices, etc.

As you might be able to guess, they'll be hearing from me.  I'm a very
unhappy chappy. Twice the DNS has caused a major outage and that simply
doesn't cut it.

I don't even know why major .edu.au domains *have* expiry dates. I
can't think of any scenario where you'd deliberately cut off tens
of thousands of users.