[LINK] HTML 5 - W3C Editor's Draft

Marghanita da Cruz marghanita at ramin.com.au
Thu Jul 26 13:21:32 AEST 2007

stephen at melbpc.org.au wrote:
> HTML 5
>
> W3C Editor's Draft 28 June 2007
>
> This Version: <http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-html5-2007MMDD/>

Unfortunately [and even ironically], when I clicked on this URL,I got

 > Sorry, Not Found.
 > The URL path in your request doesn't match anything we have available.
 > If you believe this is not the page you were trying to reach.

Though this work is probably much more useful than the OOXML stuff.

By way of background, this is an ICEBERG that I have spent many years steering
clearoff :-) .

Sometime around 1988 - a boss tried to point me at SGML

Sometime around 1989 - I recommended an organisation adopt MSOffice, despite my
own preference and technical requirements for Lotus Notes and in the face of
sophisticated word processors such as AIMEPRO and WordPerfect. MSOffice was just
more user friendly.

In 2007, [though I agree with Eleanor
<http://mailman.anu.edu.au/pipermail/link/2007-July/075091.html>] PDF and MSWORD
DOC formats are the generally accepted document exchange format and appear
frequently on websites. This does not mean that I think that either of these
formats are the most effective way to exchange information electronically.

Marghanita

Marghanita da Cruz
http://www.ramin.com.au
Phone: 0414 869202