[LINK] Re: Link Digest, Vol 172, Issue 5

grove at zeta.org.au grove at zeta.org.au
Fri Mar 2 16:35:33 AEDT 2007

On Fri, 2 Mar 2007, Martin Barry wrote:

> $quoted_author = "Ivan Trundle" ;
>>
>> Can a Linker with more communicative teenager offspring tell me what
>> 'my bad' means, and its origins?
>
> it's basically a way of accepting blame for something without really
> apologising.
>
> http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=my+bad

It's an Amerikan abomination of the use of the English language
and should not be encouraged by Australians.

I nearly went blue in the face the other day when a girl asked me
where the "bathroom" was.    I said "do you need to have a shower or
a bath?" and she looked at me like I had two heads and said "of course
not - I need to go to the toilet!", so I said, "Why didn't you say so?
It's this way....".....

Stupid useless cultural sneakiness........

rachel

--
Rachel Polanskis                 Kingswood, Greater Western Sydney, Australia
grove at zeta.org.au                http://www.zeta.org.au/~grove/grove.html