[LINK] Access your areas

Rick Welykochy rick at praxis.com.au
Fri Mar 9 09:35:21 AEDT 2007

Bernard Robertson-Dunn wrote:

> Access your areas
> March 9, 2007
> SMH
> http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/access-your-areas/2007/03/08/1173166897988.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1

[SNIP]

> "We are confident that if Cornelia had been registered and had a card,
> we would have been able to find her in our system," Scott says.

This directly contradicts Hockey's public statement issued last month that
the this card is for services access only, is not an ID card and further
that use of same as an ID card will be made illegal.

I do not understand how public policy statements like these two contradictions
can be allowed or tolerated in a democracy like Australia. Incompetence or lies.
You chose.

cheers
rickw