[LINK] ISP's thrown $20 million bone by DCITA

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Fri Mar 16 19:30:02 AEDT 2007

At 10:37 PM 14/03/2007, Skeeve Stevens wrote:
>The Department of Communication Information Technology and the Arts (DCITA)
>has notified Broadband Connect providers that the latest round of funding
>allocated to the scheme had been spent and that it had stopped accepting new
>claims against the fund.
>
>However, the department said that the government had placed up to $20
>million at the fund's disposal to spend at its discretion to clear backlog
>of claims lodged before the notice was issued.

Has anyone else heard that DCITA is pursuing a new filter development
project for something like $80mil? I heard that at a conference this
week. And that AIIA isn't happy about it because of all the effort
that has already been put into the certification of filter systems
already. It's rumoured to be a 'from scratch' build, too.

Wouldn't it make more sense to help fill the gap on the BBC project?

Jan

Jan Whitaker
JLWhitaker Associates, Melbourne Victoria
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
business: http://www.janwhitaker.com
personal: http://www.janwhitaker.com/personal/
commentary: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/

'Seed planting is often the most important step. Without the seed,
there is no plant.' - JW, April 2005