[LINK] Link's Influence

Antony Barry tony at tony-barry.emu.id.au
Tue Mar 27 18:30:31 AEST 2007

On 26/03/2007, at 2:11 PM, stephen at melbpc.org.au wrote:

> Though I guess one will never really know, I'm wondering if Linkers
> have
> noticed this wider dissemination effect, and what, if anything,
> should be
> done about it? I'd guess it's a good thing, but one would like it
> if Link
> were to receive due recognition if it is true. Any Link thoughts re
> this?

We tend to spot issues earlier than they become of politically or
policy interest because our membership contains many bright people
working in the relevant areas. If, after some discussion of ours it
breaks as a story in the media, or becomes a political issue, we
might be tempted to say "we caused that". On the other hand it might
just be that others saw it independently but they just were not as
fast in picking it up.

I know our list has been monitored over the years by people in policy
areas but whether we have had influence I cannot say as I'm not one
of them!

Tony

phone : 02 6241 7659 | mailto:me at Tony-Barry.emu.id.au
mobile: 04 1242 0397 | mailto:tony.barry at alianet.alia.org.au
http://tony-barry.emu.id.au