[LINK] Considering Fibre to the Home

Bernard Robertson-Dunn brd at iimetro.com.au
Mon May 7 12:39:28 AEST 2007

Matthew Sullivan wrote:

> ... on the same subject, I was under the impression that Canberra
> actually had some FTTH in the recent past... If I remember the details
> the ISP providing it went bust because the cost was too high... was this
> right or wrong?  Is the fibre still there or has it been taken for
> something else?

http://www.transact.com.au/broadband/default.aspx

TransACT isn't an ISP, it provides connectivity. As they say:

"You must have an account with an ISP available on the TransACT network
to use the TransWEB service."

and

"Because TransACT utilises a number of different technologies to
delivery its services, the package that you can connect to will depend
on where your home is located."

As far as I remember, it is FTTN, not FTTH.

--

Regards
brd

Bernard Robertson-Dunn